Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dragonflies and Damselflies of Northeastern Ohio, 2nd edition


Today I received my two copies of "Dragonflies and Damselflies of Northeastern Ohio, 2nd edition" by Larry Rosche, Judy Semroc, and Linda Gilbert. This is the book to have on dragonflies in northeast Ohio and beyond. It truly is a fantastic work loaded with tons of fantastic photos, awesome drawings, and great insights into dragonfly behavior and identification.

It just so happens that I also had the pleasure to hunt for dragons and damsels today along the Vermillion River in Huron County with both Judy and Larry. They really got me started looking at these flying creatures beginning 2006. I'm hooked, and I can't wait to read more of this fantastic book. To order your own copy, go here:

A Guide to the Dragonflies & Damselflies of NE Ohio

I ordered two copies, one to keep on the bookshelf, one to get a bit dirty when I take it out in the field. Get it now before it hits bookstores.

Tom

3 comments:

  1. Tom: What an interesting book and you just helped me with the question yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guy-

    You would love this book. It is a bit overwhelming at first, but the pictures are awesome and their is also loads of great behavioral information, etc.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tom ...I left a comment on your Oct./2007 post, THEN I found a more current post on these fascinating creatures....love your photos and enthusiam...I'll have to order a copy of that info...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete